Wednesday, March 16, 2011

John Cusak, Jack Black, an old record store, love, heartbreak and hating a Laura…


There is no better film to watch on a rainy Friday night than the 2000 classic, High Fidelity staring John Cusack and Jack Black. This film is based on the 1995 book of the same name written by Nick Hornby.

I have just started reading this book and am thoroughly enjoying it. In recounting his top 5 breakups and the ensuing related pop songs, Nick writes…

“What came first the music or the misery?”

Literary and rock ‘n’ roll gold. So in light of this book that I am devouring ( I sat at Cibo last Sunday reading for a few hours, and laughed so loud the guy next to me asked me what was so funny….) I am going to share with the world my own personal “Top 5 of all times.”


Certainly not my Top 5 Breakups of all time, that’s just a little emotional and this blog is cry your eyes out heartbreak free.

No I will share my top 5 of the following:

Music Lyrics
Songs
Albums
Bands
Literature
Films
Quotes on life
Adelaide Coffee locations
First date locations (this is meant to be ironic as I neither date nor even know what one is these days…)

I will add a slight disclaimer – these are my own opinions. Albums, songs, movies all that mean something to me may mean nothing to you. That’s the beauty. So as you read I ask you to post your own top 5 and we can take it from there.

So keep an eye on your Facebook and Twitter feeds, ill be posting my relative tops 5 over the next few weeks.

So stay tuned and come with me as I discover what did come first – the music or the misery.

Enjoy…

A.

No comments:

Post a Comment