Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I want to be Clementine Ford – Except for the Ryan Gosling obsession.



I first met Clem on Twitter. Yes I said it. I met Clem on Twitter - and then strangely we ran into each other at a local café and only realised we were each other until we both hit up Twitter ten minutes later.

Clem is a freelance journalist, boner killer (her words not mine) and notorious trouble maker out of Melbourne and an exception writer. I say exceptional because when I think of being a good writer I think of being a good truth teller. Essentially writing, whether it is fiction, journalism, or birthday cards, is all about telling the truth as you see it.

Clem writes about what she sees, how it makes her feel and the rest is well, a big case of deal with it. What I like the most about her writing is her feminist social analysis. Some of her articles are exceptionally well thought out, researched and basically spot on when discussing social issues to do with women in our society.

I like Clem’s work because she writes regardless of the haters and I wish that I had the vagina to do the same. Clem receives quite a bit of angst for her thoughts none more so than the barrage she received below on Twitter. This tosser was promptly deleted by Twitter, but none the less Clem took it on the chin and well the rest is beautiful history.



If you want to read some thought provoking truth then hit up Clem, like, yesterday. Facebook search “Clementine Ford” hit up her blog HERE and follow her on Twitter @clementine_ford.

Clem also writes for the Drum and you can find some of her articles HERE..

Get on it…oh just look past the Ryan Gosling obsession. I think she has a Ryan Gosling blow - up doll.

Enjoy,

A.

1 comment:

  1. Seconded, entirely, except that I share in the Ryan Gosling obsession.

    ReplyDelete