Friday, January 7, 2011

My drops of blood on paper - The Invincible Summer


"Writing is easy: All you do is sit staring at a blank sheet of paper until drops of blood form on your forehead." Gene Fowler

My manuscript is done, or should I say, my drops of blood on paper is done. It's not perfect and I don't think it ever will be. I could spend the rest of my life trying to make what I write sound like what I read, but great authors, past and present, all struggle with the same achilles heel: the search for the right words.

I don't care if no one reads this book, or if no one wants to spend their hard earned money on it. My only hope with this book is that at least one person will find a home for it on their book shelf. And if you like it enough, buy a copy for a friend.

The reality is, I can't live without writing and and I can't write without living.

I think these are the right words for me right now. So hopefully this manuscript will be off to the printers soon, and in your hands soon after that. Getting the words finished is one thing...getting into a book, launching it, publicising it and getting it as an ebook is an entirely different matter all together.

But hey life is either a daring adventure or it's nothing.

I'll keep writing if you keep reading.

Enjoy...

A.

No comments:

Post a Comment