Saturday, December 11, 2010

Summer is almost here...

Well I have almost completed the long process of writing my first book. Whilst the tennis game between me and my editor (s) and friends who are reading my work is tiresome, the process is good for my discipline and creative energy. I can't help but write, it's the one thing that makes me feel like I am contributing to the universe. I love the creative process, especially when writing is the search and fight for good prose is a joy and a privilege. It's almost like having a significant relationship in my life, finding naughty hours here and there to get on my computer, shut out the worlds and say hello to my characters. Most focuss group members have given their feedback and it is really nice to have old and new firends tell me their thoughts on my creativity. It is both frightening and humbling.

I love doing this, and will write for the rest of my life. I picture myself in my eighties in some nursing home surrounded by old strangers tapping and poking like a mother fucker at some old keyboard trying to work out a good predicate. Some old dame will say “What you writing…?” and i’ll reply…”I’m writing a story about an author who never got published until after his death.” So as I write and journey, come with me. Hopefully my book will be out soon in 2011 depending on how much money i need to invest into the project. Self publishing is a bitch but the control over my words is the pay off.

You keep reading, ill keep writing

A.

No comments:

Post a Comment