Wednesday, December 15, 2010

What are you hearing...?

After reflecting on a conversation I had recently with a friend, I realized that a lot of what we/I do in life is centered around what we/I wish to say. The need to be understood. Our society is all about putting your voice forward, making sure your point of view is heard, saying the right thing, repairing the wrong things you said, articulating to give the right impression. As a wanna be writer, I agonize (sometimes erroneously) over how things should be said, prefaced or explained. In essence, I think living a life based around what you feel you need to say makes for a selfish existence. I named this blog 'Andrew speaks easy' because I never find it difficult to find things to say. I'll talk to anyone, anytime about anything and I figured that I could read books, and watch movies and then talk all about it.

But what I am realizing is that I'm learning by listening. So I'm gonna make this blog not about what I am saying, but what I am hearing. Observations. So everyday that I choose to listen instead of talk I'm really fascinated about what I'm going to hear.

What do you hear...?

A.

1 comment:

  1. It is not so much what you hear or what you say, it is what you see...

    ReplyDelete